Model Developed to Revolutionize First Contact Health Care Units
794,068 beneficiaries in 12 federal states
MODEL AIMED TO REVOLUTIONIZE the care provided by first contact health care units, link them to patients’ homes and contribute to the solution for three of the most pressing public health challenges in Mexico: non-transmissible chronic diseases, maternal and child health and disease prevention by age group.
IT IS BASED ON FOUR AREAS: making available appropriate physical and human infrastructure, increasing the adequate supply of lab tests and medical supplies, reinforcing human capital and designing technological and connectivity innovations.
THE TOOLS that support the model are the Integrated Measurement for Timely Detection (MIDO™) and technological solutions such as the Digital Portfolio, an electronic platform that provides health staff with updated information and tools to improve the quality of health care.
- Awareness, Early Detection and Fighting Prejudice, Keys in the Fight against Breast Cancer (External link in Spanish)
- Digital Portfolio
- Diploma in Non-transmissible Chronic Diseases Comprehensive Care and Prevention (External link in Spanish)
- Innovative Technologies
- MIDO Insulin Resistance
- Physical Activity and Sedentary Lifestyle II, with Dr. John Duperly
- Human Capital
- Physical Activity and Sedentary Lifestyle I, with Dr. John Duperly
- Innovation in Primary Prevention: Development of Preventive Cardiovascular Polypill